EuroBridge has been certified as an Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) by the Maltese Customs after proving that it fulfils all the requirements of the Union Customs Code (UCC) Regulation of the European Union.
AEO certification distinguishes our company as a reliable shipping agency to clear goods across the EU and confers numerous advantages and benefits. This achievement makes EuroBridge the more competitive choice for businesses moving goods across countries.
Benefits of AEO certification
- Easier admittances to customs simplifications and authorisations
- Reduced time-out for import/export declarations
- Prior notification in case of selection for control related to customs legislation
- Priority treatment if selected for control
- Possibility to request a specific place for customs controls
- Reduction or waiver of guarantees
AEO status is recognised across all EU Member States, and holders are entitled to the same benefits listed above across all Member States, as well as third countries which are signatory to the Mutual Recognition Agreement with the EU.
Another milestone for EuroBridge
Obtaining AEO certification has always been an important goal for EuroBridge, but it became even more essential for us after the UK voted in favour of Brexit.
After almost two years of training, meetings, adapting, and a lot of investment, especially in terms of time, we are incredibly proud to have been granted this recognition by the Maltese Customs on behalf of the European Union. I would like to especially thank Joanne and Lorraine from our team who made this achievement possible.